In our rapidly changing society, there is increasing community awareness of the importance of healthy lifestyles.
Part of this is a growing recognition of the need for students to be active, responsible and informed decision-makers. Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE) provides students the knowledge and practical skills necessary for meeting these needs and for developing a better quality of life.
The study of PDHPE is an important area within the primary curriculum, as it is concerned with:
- physical, social, cognitive and emotional growth
- developing and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships
- personal health choices
- living and learning in a safe secure environment
- adopting an active lifestyle
- body movement and co-ordination
- skills that enable better health and movement
Come and see learning in action at Corpus Christi!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people in our school. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each student do their best.